Let’s crack on for Tom
Fever has supported the Tom Bowdidge Youth Cancer Foundation since its inception, and we have seen it go from strength to strength. When we heard the news that the foundation was robbed of roughly £1000, the team were left in absolute shock and disgust. A donation tin was stolen on the 15th of June, and six more thefts have come to light since. Between them, the donated funds would have been enough to provide at least three grants for youths in cancer treatment.
After their son Tom passed away in 2013, Nikki and Richard Bowdidge created the foundation in his memory. They raise money to promote the relief, care, and well-being of young people suffering from cancer and provide grants to cover travel and living costs during treatment. They have raised over £250,000 towards teenage cancer research and £110,000 towards creating age-appropriate environments in hospitals.
In a nutshell, they do incredible and important work. Pop over to the Tom Bowdidge Youth Cancer foundation’s website to learn more.
After hearing the news, I knew I had to do something – anything – to help right this wrong. So at 5:30 this morning, I started rallying the troops; I emailed our clients and some of our trusted suppliers, and once I knew people were awake I started making calls and dropping by several offices.
The injustice of the theft and the thought of who it would affect was at the core of people’s response, and to say that the Colchester and Fever community is supportive would be the understatement of the year. I am delighted to confirm we’ve raised more in pledged donations then what was lost in the thefts in just a few short hours… and the day’s not over yet!
So far… £1700.00!
“We have goosebumps, it’s incredible. We couldn’t be more grateful and touched – cannot thank you all enough!”
Check out these generous companies below:
- Air Options (Commercial Air Conditioning Services)
- We are Aphra (Marketing and Communications Agency)
- Colchester Property Clearance (Property Services)
- Cranfield Philips (Coaching and Consultancy)
- Discount Golf (Golf Clubs and Equipment)
- The Company PA (Performing Arts Training)
- Enigen (Customer Experience Consultancy)
- Equine Oils (Horse Massage Oil)
- Extended Space (Carpenters and Builders)
- This is Fever (Creative Agency)
- Footprint Digital (Digital Marketing Services)
- Greenfield Printing (Packaging and Point of Sale)
- Hart Wilcox (Experiential Marketing & Events)
- Kes Gray (Children’s Author)
- The Lexden Crown (Delicious Pub and Restaurant)
- Lindsay Wakelin Photography (Photographer Extraordinaire)
- Loofer’s (Great Coffee and Food)
- Phelan (Construction)
- Red Nova (IT Services)
- Rose Calendars (Custom Calendars)
- Taylors Lead Lounge (Handcrafted fishing tackle and baits)
- TwinkleDust (Beautiful Clothing for Toddlers)